12/3/11

Shops, Earring Smorgasbord

Tattooed - bisque donut pendantsnaturalista III - bisque fossil pendants Finally figured out who commenter 'Steph' was! Which, yeah, you should all know about. Her shop is vLaDtHeBaT. Wait, I just got it. Vlad the Bat! I thought it was some wacky Belgium last name or something... (Oh and also, it is all very reasonably priced for those of you who never get ceramics for lack of funds.)Siddharta - clay amulets


7 Rusty O-Rings - Metal, Assorted Sizes7 Rusty D-Rings, Cinches - Metal, Assorted Sizes
11 Rusty Equestrian Hardware pieces- Metal, Assorted SizesAnd I got the saddle (?) rings from montanacamp for the redonk price of $4.50 per lot, and they came in 3 lots. 

What else? Gracias Paula- ¡Sos mi segunda fan en España! (Creo que deberia decir 'eres' pero como soy Uruguaya digo 'sos,' lo siento)




I just finished a bunch of earrings yesterday. OK, I started and finished them yesterday, I just finished editing the pictures now. All day editing!

This pair here -->
Is actually not finished- I have to connect one moonstone strand and then hide all the crimp beads. I often do this with a teeny strip of fabric wound on with a teeny strip of wire.
I made a bunch of my utee head pins using these spear pins I had a ton of and no use for. I had no plan for them but ended up using them in almost every pair here. In fact, I had no plan for anything when I started mucking about with these beads. I usually have at least a vague idea so this was disconcerting. There was a lot of wire breakage as I undid and redid things. I thought it would lead nowhere, I just started putting caps on beads, adding links, thinking they might be of use later. But I ended up with some decent pieces.


It's been forever since I used beadcaps. They sort of zoned out of my conscious. I got some recently though and they really fancify a bead. Especially these on the right add a middle eastern touch- don't they?


I also never use bails. Never think to! So I got some to see if they lead anywhere. 


 I'll be listing these tonight or tomorrow. I'm sick of sitting in front of the computer! I'm sick of my own lazy ass! There's a horrifically bad movie on TV and I'm too lazy/zoned to change it. I get stuck in these modes. Like I have to pee so bad but can't get myself unglued from what I'm doing to get up and go. Ugh. Actually, it might be part of the reason why I get so much jewelry made. I just keep tinkering at it cuz I can't get myself to stop. I always think of this Asian guy I heard of who died after several days straight of playing some video game without going to the bathroom, eating or drinking water. One of these days, poor Bingo and Robert will find me slumped over on the floor, pliers still in hand, 2 cartoon Xs over my eyes...

11 comments:

accusedredemption said...

hello i always love your blogs...entertaining...and they are always a help with any questions i have!

stregata said...

Now - that would be a sad day for us - so please don't.
Sorry about you banging your hand - but I can't promise not to do it again.
The earrings are fabulous - as always. The long ones with the moonsones have me drooling...

Anonymous said...

Love those bright orange ones you've just listed and don't worry about not understanding me, as I usually comment on your blog really early in the morning when my thought process are not fully engaged or late a night when I may or may not have a one too many glasses of wine. ;)

Gardanne said...

Love the hiding crimp bead idea I think I shall steal it.

Janet said...

Who else woulda thunk to use horse harness hardware (say that three times real fast) in jewelry and been able to make it look so fabulous?! You never fail to amaze Fanci!

accusedredemption said...

hey is the Blanca, Queen of France. Rustic Victorian Tribal Mixed Media Assemblage Necklace. piece, the back of the image on the back of the lens it is mounted on is sealed so that the card will not wear or fall off?

Sarah Smith said...

I adore your work and just ordred a piece off your ETSY site - i dabble in jewlery design from time to time - when I actually can find some free time from my photography business - and I was curious where you purchase your steel wire from as I have been having a hard time finding a supplier. THank you in advance - i am truly looking forward to wearing the necklace when it arrives and I will be sure to point people to your shop - as I am certain it will beckon many compliments :)

Louise said...

These are some of the most delightful treasures for the lobes I have seen you create! Just absolutely gorgeous. Please though, take a break to refuel and hydrate - hydrate mainly (apparently humans can live quite a long time without food but will die very shortly without water) and keep churning them out! ;D In any case, if I could reach you I'd peel you off the floor and tell you to get back to work! :)

Flotsam Tide said...

Those colorful earrings make my heart sing! I love them and how you are bold with color whereas so many in tribal I have noticed of late lean towards the darker hues. I dunno the colorful ones are just joyful... Lovely as always madam, the pod earrings are very elegant, nice color play and textures. They are complex without being overburdened by excess. You have such a way with these theengs!

Petra Carpreau said...

DRINK girl!!!
Damnation, those earrings are splendeeeed!! I do love those pods, and you've really done them proud with your arrangements. Just lovely - sigh.

Luthien Thye said...

oh Marina :) not only is your work astonishing, fantabulous, mesmerizing and inspirational ... you are such a delight!! i am SO glad i finally found you ... ;)
xoxoxo
Luthien :0