1/6/11

Back To Work

Had to go back for our 1st meeting of the year. The first of the year's doodles are of a shape I've been musing on. It also has the word 'sublime', which I'm appreciating more as a way to describe what I'm going for without saying 'beautiful'. Beauty is not as deep as something sublime (and yes, I know Deryn got it first), as sublime has the idea of beauty but mixed with something transcendent, be it religious or profoundly evocative of an alternate history.



Anywhoo, I also managed to finish 2 bracelets. I'm all about the kuchi,  though not thrilled that they're called 'kuchi'. This one has these grungy faceted garnets I'm in love with.
<--
And the colors in this one, at least in real life, are somewhat mesmerizing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tribally, neo-victorian gorgeousness!!!

Anonymous said...

I love these new bracelets!

OvertheTop said...

Love the bracelets, but your sketches are gorgeous!