1/23/10

New in Shop





These crochet necklaces were experiments in spontaneity.  I tried to make pieces having no plan at all, just led by whatever supplies I felt needed to be destashed.  



Now, this cuff was made from all kinds of fabric bits and 2 buttons that Sparrow sent me!  To be honest, one big hurtle was trying not to make something that looked just like her!  Because upon seeing all the lovely bits, I could only think of her cuffs- like her style was made for her bits. (Well, duh, it's the stuff she collects for a reason.)  Just the fact that I made a cuff from them.  I avoided one big focal piece and grunged mine up with wax medium and soil, that sorta helped.  But then, I had to try to make something that I also really liked, so it took a bit of finagling.  


My next use of her fabrics will be for another necklace.  Oh- so many good bits!  I can't keep up.  And yet, all I do is prowl etsy for more...




1 comment:

Penelope said...

I do love the cuff, it's kickin! I'm going to have to do some grunging- I'm running low on crusty old fabric. Only have 3 suitcases left...

Why DO we keep buying supplies? I think all artists do it- my jewelry shop is dead but my supply shop keeps on bringing me spare change... which I then immediately use to buy more supplies. Right now I'm shopping in the other window. I apparently don't have enough 'good' buttons left. Only one jar's worth - how will I survive?! :/